Seven NDFB (S) militants surrender in Assam
Tezpur: Seven terrorists belonging to the banned NDFB(S) Wednesday surrendered and deposited a cache of arms and ammunition in front of Sonitpur district administration officials.
They surrendered before the district SP, the DC and officials from the Army and CRPF.
Sonitpur SP Sanjukta Parasar said the militants were not involved in any major incident and were from various parts of the state.
The militants deposited six grenades, three pistols, three magazines, 22 rounds of live ammunition and two sharp weapons.
They are identified as the self-styled section commanders Manoj Narzary alias N Mathawar and Rediip Gayari alias R Rowongra.
The other five extremists are Puspa Bbasumatary alias B Gwran, Futhaisha Narzary alias Grensha Narzary, Rajesh Basumatary alias Lawthai, Mulan Boro alias Kalta and Surya Barma alias Srikhang Barma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi