Seven NDFB (S) militants surrender in Assam
Tezpur: Seven terrorists belonging to the banned NDFB(S) Wednesday surrendered and deposited a cache of arms and ammunition in front of Sonitpur district administration officials.
They surrendered before the district SP, the DC and officials from the Army and CRPF.
Sonitpur SP Sanjukta Parasar said the militants were not involved in any major incident and were from various parts of the state.
The militants deposited six grenades, three pistols, three magazines, 22 rounds of live ammunition and two sharp weapons.
They are identified as the self-styled section commanders Manoj Narzary alias N Mathawar and Rediip Gayari alias R Rowongra.
The other five extremists are Puspa Bbasumatary alias B Gwran, Futhaisha Narzary alias Grensha Narzary, Rajesh Basumatary alias Lawthai, Mulan Boro alias Kalta and Surya Barma alias Srikhang Barma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you