Seven school students feared drowned in Assam
Rangiya: Seven students are feared drowned
after a boat, ferrying them and 10 of their school mates from
a picnic spot, capsized in Brahmaputra River near Sualkuchi
village in Assam`s Kamrup (rural) district, police said on Saturday.
Personnel of the National Disaster Reserve Force
(NDRF) rescued 10 students and two boatmen after the boat sank
yesterday. They are yet to locate the seven children who they
believed were washed away downstream.
Among the seven, there were four girls.
The 17 students of class X and XI of Bongshar Higher
Secondary school at Sualkuchi had gone to the riverine area
for a picnic. The boat sank while they were returning home,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- IBPS clerk V mains exams results to be uploaded on official website soon; notification out