Shoot at sight order at Roing area of Lower Dibang valley
Itanagar: `Shoot at sight order` has been issued at Roing area of Lower Dibang valley district following clashes between two groups over a hunting issue, official
sources said on Saturday.
The district administration had issued a `shoot at sight order` to the paramilitary forces operating within the district, the sources said.
On Thursday night, houses in two villages near Jia, namely Ithili and Idili, were reportedly ransacked and properties looted along with burning down of shops and
slaughtering of domesticated animals.
The incident occurred when a large number of armed miscreants descended on the villages and created havoc.
There are also reports of damage to some shops and looting of goods in the district headquarters town of Roing during the same hour.
DIG(E) Robin Hibu had air-dashed to Roing yesterday to take stock of the situation.
However, additional deployment has also been dispatched from various parts of the state as there was standoff between All Idu Mishmi Students`Union (AIMSU) and Dibang Adi Students` Union (DAMSU) over the hunting issue.
It is being reported that around 2000 army personnel have been called in to aid the police in maintaining law and order.
At Anini, headquarters of Dibang Valley, a peace procession was carried out by the All Idu Mishmi Students Union (AIMSU), Dibang Valley Students Union (DVSU) and Government employees, calling for an amicable solution through round table negotiations, instead of arms and violence.
Lok Sabha member Takam Sanjoy yesterday urged Defence Minister AK Antony for immediate deployment of 82 Mountain Brigade to tackle the deteriorating situation in Lower Dibang Valley HQs Roing following continuing clashes between two
Meanwhile, the Dibang Adi Students Union today said it would continue its economic blockade if two persons involved in firing at two students are not immediately arrested and the people of Chidu-Kebali do not apologise for humiliating three persons who were on their way to a hunting expedition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!