Shoot at sight order in Mizoram border area
Aizawl: Shoot at sight orders were on Monday issued to control arson at Bru villages in Bungthuam area near
the border of Tripura, following the killing of a Mizo youth
by suspected Bru militants, even as seven persons were
arrested in the case.
"Shoot-at-sight order has been issued to bring the
situation under control," Mizoram Home Minister R Lalzirliana
told reporters here.
According to police, seven persons had been arrested for
the arson. Altogether 43 bamboo huts belonging to Brus were
torched yesterday at Sarali village in the area taking the
total number since Friday to 399 in 9 villages.
The houses of 43 Mizos were also burnt, they said.
The trouble began on Friday when 18-year-old Zarzokima, a
resident of Bungthuam was gunned down by Bru National Army
"The recent cases of arson in the wake of a Mizo youth`s
killing is un-Christian and un-Mizo. We must keep calm and
peace at this hour of crisis," Lalzirliana said in a statement
"If we condemn the killing of the innocent youth why
should we retaliate against the innocent people who belong to
the same community and have nothing to do with the killing?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi