Show-cause notice to Assam Health Minister for violating code
Guwahati: A show-cause notice has been
issued by the Kamrup (Metro) Returning Officer to Assam Health
Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma for allegedly violating the model
code of conduct while submitting his nomination paper on
Kamrup (Metro) Returning Officer J Balaji Sunday said a
show-cause notice has been served to the Health Minister, who
represents Jalukbari Assembly constituency, after taking
cognisance of complaints received from several quarters about
violation of model code of conduct.
Sarma had filed his nomination on Friday. Thousands of
his supporters assembled at the Latasil playground from where
they marched to the office of the Returning Officer.
The show-cause refers to the charge that he mobilised
people in large numbers inconveniencing the public and allowed
entry of vehicles beyond the permissible limit which caused
law and order problem and thus amounted to flouting of model
Sarma has been asked to reply to the show-cause within
24 hours, Balaji added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'