Show-cause notice to Assam Health Minister for violating code
Guwahati: A show-cause notice has been
issued by the Kamrup (Metro) Returning Officer to Assam Health
Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma for allegedly violating the model
code of conduct while submitting his nomination paper on
Kamrup (Metro) Returning Officer J Balaji Sunday said a
show-cause notice has been served to the Health Minister, who
represents Jalukbari Assembly constituency, after taking
cognisance of complaints received from several quarters about
violation of model code of conduct.
Sarma had filed his nomination on Friday. Thousands of
his supporters assembled at the Latasil playground from where
they marched to the office of the Returning Officer.
The show-cause refers to the charge that he mobilised
people in large numbers inconveniencing the public and allowed
entry of vehicles beyond the permissible limit which caused
law and order problem and thus amounted to flouting of model
Sarma has been asked to reply to the show-cause within
24 hours, Balaji added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split