Show-cause notice to Assam Health Minister for violating code
Guwahati: A show-cause notice has been
issued by the Kamrup (Metro) Returning Officer to Assam Health
Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma for allegedly violating the model
code of conduct while submitting his nomination paper on
Kamrup (Metro) Returning Officer J Balaji Sunday said a
show-cause notice has been served to the Health Minister, who
represents Jalukbari Assembly constituency, after taking
cognisance of complaints received from several quarters about
violation of model code of conduct.
Sarma had filed his nomination on Friday. Thousands of
his supporters assembled at the Latasil playground from where
they marched to the office of the Returning Officer.
The show-cause refers to the charge that he mobilised
people in large numbers inconveniencing the public and allowed
entry of vehicles beyond the permissible limit which caused
law and order problem and thus amounted to flouting of model
Sarma has been asked to reply to the show-cause within
24 hours, Balaji added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'