SIC interrogates former Arunachal CM
Itanagar: Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Gegong Apang, arrested by the Special Investigating Cell (SIC) over his alleged involvement in the multi-crore PDS
scam, was interrogated by department officials under medical supervision.
The SIC interrogated Apang under medical supervision yesterday as he has been admitted to R K Mission Hospital following his complaints of ill health, SIC sources said
Apang was arrested by the SIC on August 24 for his alleged role in the scam.
The Special Session Court of Lahimpur remanded him to
police custody for seven days. The court again extended his
remand for another week on August 31, which expires today.
The bail petition of Apang could not come up yesterday
for formal hearing as Justice K Mereenao of the Itanagar bench
of Gauhati High did not hear the bail petition citing personal
However the Judge gave the permission that the bail be
heard at a Lower Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray