SIC interrogates former Arunachal CM
Itanagar: Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Gegong Apang, arrested by the Special Investigating Cell (SIC) over his alleged involvement in the multi-crore PDS
scam, was interrogated by department officials under medical supervision.
The SIC interrogated Apang under medical supervision yesterday as he has been admitted to R K Mission Hospital following his complaints of ill health, SIC sources said
Apang was arrested by the SIC on August 24 for his alleged role in the scam.
The Special Session Court of Lahimpur remanded him to
police custody for seven days. The court again extended his
remand for another week on August 31, which expires today.
The bail petition of Apang could not come up yesterday
for formal hearing as Justice K Mereenao of the Itanagar bench
of Gauhati High did not hear the bail petition citing personal
However the Judge gave the permission that the bail be
heard at a Lower Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand