Sikkim Annual Plan Budget Rs 1175 crore
Gangtok: Sikkim’s Annual Plan Budget for
2010-11 as allocated by the Planning Commission of Rs 1175
crores was announced on the opening day today of the four day
Budget Session-2010 of the assembly.
This year’s plan budget was an increase of 12.4 per
cent over the 2009-10 of Rs.1045 crores which also includes a
special plan assistance of Rs. 200 crore in the form of grants
for projects of special importance to the state.
The allocation includes an additional Central
assistance of Rs 301.10 crore earmarked for special projects
approved by the Planning Commission.
Governor, B P Singh in his address to the house, said
"The Planning Commission has noted with deep appreciation of
achievements and progress made by my government and based on
the good performance and governance and governance, the
allocation has been deservingly rewarded."
He commended the excellent and pioneering initiatives
taken by the government in making the state one of the most
progressive in the country.
The state government machinery and political will had
set an example for the rest of the country, he said.
The leader of the house, Chief Minister, Pawan
Chamling spoke on how the budget would be utilised for various
programmes and policies on railway, road and air connectivity
of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH