Sikkim Chief Secretary chairs meeting with all parties
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Secretary R Ongmu has chaired a meeting with representatives of all political parties to take stock of arrangements for the ensuing General Elections, and state Assembly polls.
The Chief Secretary, while apprising the role of political parties in a democracy, said the meeting was called to discuss various issues like venues for public meetings, displaying of hoardings, banners, flags and other activities related to elections.
Director General of Police Jasbir Singh was present.
The meeting was attended by Principal Secretary Home Department, MG Kiran, Secretary Transport Department, Secretary UD & HD, all District Collectors and Superintendent of Police besides representatives from political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living