Sikkim Chief Secretary chairs meeting with all parties
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Secretary R Ongmu has chaired a meeting with representatives of all political parties to take stock of arrangements for the ensuing General Elections, and state Assembly polls.
The Chief Secretary, while apprising the role of political parties in a democracy, said the meeting was called to discuss various issues like venues for public meetings, displaying of hoardings, banners, flags and other activities related to elections.
Director General of Police Jasbir Singh was present.
The meeting was attended by Principal Secretary Home Department, MG Kiran, Secretary Transport Department, Secretary UD & HD, all District Collectors and Superintendent of Police besides representatives from political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured