Sikkim Chief Secretary chairs meeting with all parties
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Secretary R Ongmu has chaired a meeting with representatives of all political parties to take stock of arrangements for the ensuing General Elections, and state Assembly polls.
The Chief Secretary, while apprising the role of political parties in a democracy, said the meeting was called to discuss various issues like venues for public meetings, displaying of hoardings, banners, flags and other activities related to elections.
Director General of Police Jasbir Singh was present.
The meeting was attended by Principal Secretary Home Department, MG Kiran, Secretary Transport Department, Secretary UD & HD, all District Collectors and Superintendent of Police besides representatives from political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons