Sikkim Chief Secretary chairs meeting with all parties
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Secretary R Ongmu has chaired a meeting with representatives of all political parties to take stock of arrangements for the ensuing General Elections, and state Assembly polls.
The Chief Secretary, while apprising the role of political parties in a democracy, said the meeting was called to discuss various issues like venues for public meetings, displaying of hoardings, banners, flags and other activities related to elections.
Director General of Police Jasbir Singh was present.
The meeting was attended by Principal Secretary Home Department, MG Kiran, Secretary Transport Department, Secretary UD & HD, all District Collectors and Superintendent of Police besides representatives from political parties.
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack
- Army busts weapon making factory in Manipur, 2 militants arrested
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition