Sikkim Chief Secretary chairs meeting with all parties
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Secretary R Ongmu has chaired a meeting with representatives of all political parties to take stock of arrangements for the ensuing General Elections, and state Assembly polls.
The Chief Secretary, while apprising the role of political parties in a democracy, said the meeting was called to discuss various issues like venues for public meetings, displaying of hoardings, banners, flags and other activities related to elections.
Director General of Police Jasbir Singh was present.
The meeting was attended by Principal Secretary Home Department, MG Kiran, Secretary Transport Department, Secretary UD & HD, all District Collectors and Superintendent of Police besides representatives from political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security