Sikkim CM Chamling starts 36-day tour to reach villagers
Gangtok: As part of his programme to bring
the administration to the doorstep of the common people Sikkim
Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling on Wednesday started his 36-day
tour of the state to reach out to the people in the villages.
Chamling visited Assangthang Village, Raika Gaon,
Salghari, Chisopani, Nandu Gaon, Denchung, and finally
concluded today`s tour at Char dham, Solopphok at Namchi in
South Sikkim, official sources said.
Accompanied by top state government officials, Chamling
interacted with the people at all the places and personally
asked and enquired about the problems faced by the people in
The Chief Minister was making person to person contact,
interacting with them at all the places he visited.
Chamling claimed that this is the first time ever in
India that such an innovative programme of bringing the
government to know about the problems and grievances of the
people and general public has come to their doorsteps.
This is an example of "Practical Democracy" he said at
Lower Salghari, South Sikkkim.
He also made some announcements during this visit like a
new Block Development Centre and Rural Marketing Center at
Chisopani, construction of picnic spot at Samataar, school
building for Lower Nandu Gaon School and lessen the tax on
timber for bonafide use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery