Sikkim CM Chamling starts 36-day tour to reach villagers
Gangtok: As part of his programme to bring
the administration to the doorstep of the common people Sikkim
Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling on Wednesday started his 36-day
tour of the state to reach out to the people in the villages.
Chamling visited Assangthang Village, Raika Gaon,
Salghari, Chisopani, Nandu Gaon, Denchung, and finally
concluded today`s tour at Char dham, Solopphok at Namchi in
South Sikkim, official sources said.
Accompanied by top state government officials, Chamling
interacted with the people at all the places and personally
asked and enquired about the problems faced by the people in
The Chief Minister was making person to person contact,
interacting with them at all the places he visited.
Chamling claimed that this is the first time ever in
India that such an innovative programme of bringing the
government to know about the problems and grievances of the
people and general public has come to their doorsteps.
This is an example of "Practical Democracy" he said at
Lower Salghari, South Sikkkim.
He also made some announcements during this visit like a
new Block Development Centre and Rural Marketing Center at
Chisopani, construction of picnic spot at Samataar, school
building for Lower Nandu Gaon School and lessen the tax on
timber for bonafide use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand