Sikkim CM Chamling starts 36-day tour to reach villagers
Gangtok: As part of his programme to bring
the administration to the doorstep of the common people Sikkim
Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling on Wednesday started his 36-day
tour of the state to reach out to the people in the villages.
Chamling visited Assangthang Village, Raika Gaon,
Salghari, Chisopani, Nandu Gaon, Denchung, and finally
concluded today`s tour at Char dham, Solopphok at Namchi in
South Sikkim, official sources said.
Accompanied by top state government officials, Chamling
interacted with the people at all the places and personally
asked and enquired about the problems faced by the people in
The Chief Minister was making person to person contact,
interacting with them at all the places he visited.
Chamling claimed that this is the first time ever in
India that such an innovative programme of bringing the
government to know about the problems and grievances of the
people and general public has come to their doorsteps.
This is an example of "Practical Democracy" he said at
Lower Salghari, South Sikkkim.
He also made some announcements during this visit like a
new Block Development Centre and Rural Marketing Center at
Chisopani, construction of picnic spot at Samataar, school
building for Lower Nandu Gaon School and lessen the tax on
timber for bonafide use.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat