Sikkim CM supports demand for Gorkhaland
Darjeeling: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling today said he supports the demand for a separate state of Gorkhaland.
"We completely support the Gorkhaland demand. However, it is up to the Centre to decide whether it would accept the demand," Chamling told reporters in Siliguri, where he innaugurated a three-day MCCS Gitanjali Mango festival.
Explaining the reason for his support for Gorkhaland, he said he was in favour of small states in the country.
"As much as the small states are formed, it will be good for the country. We will support if 50 small states are formed as the country will then flourish. The states will then prosper and develop and there will be good governance," Chamling said.
The Sikkim chief minister said the law and order situation in his state was satisfactory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed