Sikkim cut off from rest of the country after land
Gangtok: Sikkim has been cut off from the rest of the country following landslides on NH 31A at Tenth Mile Tarkhola in West Bengal.
Officials said today that the landslide occurred at 11 PM last night between Rangpo on Sikkim border and Melli in West Bengal.
Border Road Organisation is trying to clear the debris. It has said that one-way traffic on the highway will be opened by the evening.
Some traffic to and from the landlocked mountain state is being diverted to the difficult alternative route via Monsong in Kalimpong in Darjeeling district.
The landslide followed heavy rains in north Bengal and Sikkim last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof