Sikkim cut off from rest of the country after land
Gangtok: Sikkim has been cut off from the rest of the country following landslides on NH 31A at Tenth Mile Tarkhola in West Bengal.
Officials said today that the landslide occurred at 11 PM last night between Rangpo on Sikkim border and Melli in West Bengal.
Border Road Organisation is trying to clear the debris. It has said that one-way traffic on the highway will be opened by the evening.
Some traffic to and from the landlocked mountain state is being diverted to the difficult alternative route via Monsong in Kalimpong in Darjeeling district.
The landslide followed heavy rains in north Bengal and Sikkim last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter