Sikkim cut off from rest of the country after land
Gangtok: Sikkim has been cut off from the rest of the country following landslides on NH 31A at Tenth Mile Tarkhola in West Bengal.
Officials said today that the landslide occurred at 11 PM last night between Rangpo on Sikkim border and Melli in West Bengal.
Border Road Organisation is trying to clear the debris. It has said that one-way traffic on the highway will be opened by the evening.
Some traffic to and from the landlocked mountain state is being diverted to the difficult alternative route via Monsong in Kalimpong in Darjeeling district.
The landslide followed heavy rains in north Bengal and Sikkim last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers