Sikkim cut off from rest of the country after land
Gangtok: Sikkim has been cut off from the rest of the country following landslides on NH 31A at Tenth Mile Tarkhola in West Bengal.
Officials said today that the landslide occurred at 11 PM last night between Rangpo on Sikkim border and Melli in West Bengal.
Border Road Organisation is trying to clear the debris. It has said that one-way traffic on the highway will be opened by the evening.
Some traffic to and from the landlocked mountain state is being diverted to the difficult alternative route via Monsong in Kalimpong in Darjeeling district.
The landslide followed heavy rains in north Bengal and Sikkim last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen