Sikkim cut off from rest of the country after land
Gangtok: Sikkim has been cut off from the rest of the country following landslides on NH 31A at Tenth Mile Tarkhola in West Bengal.
Officials said today that the landslide occurred at 11 PM last night between Rangpo on Sikkim border and Melli in West Bengal.
Border Road Organisation is trying to clear the debris. It has said that one-way traffic on the highway will be opened by the evening.
Some traffic to and from the landlocked mountain state is being diverted to the difficult alternative route via Monsong in Kalimpong in Darjeeling district.
The landslide followed heavy rains in north Bengal and Sikkim last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union