Sikkim declared disaster affected state
Gangtok: Sikkim has been officially declared
as a `Disaster Affected State` by the government to avail soft
loans and other facilities from banks, officials said on Wednesday.
It will also facilitate funds from international funding
agencies such as the Asian Development Bank and the World
Bank, they said.
Banks and international agencies have been approached by
the state government for rebuilding efforts following the
large-scale damages to infrastructure during the earthquake of
September 18, they said.
This is a requirement stipulated as per the Reserve Bank
of India guidelines. The notification was issued on November
21, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital