Sikkim declared disaster affected state
Gangtok: Sikkim has been officially declared
as a `Disaster Affected State` by the government to avail soft
loans and other facilities from banks, officials said on Wednesday.
It will also facilitate funds from international funding
agencies such as the Asian Development Bank and the World
Bank, they said.
Banks and international agencies have been approached by
the state government for rebuilding efforts following the
large-scale damages to infrastructure during the earthquake of
September 18, they said.
This is a requirement stipulated as per the Reserve Bank
of India guidelines. The notification was issued on November
21, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened