Sikkim declared disaster affected state
Gangtok: Sikkim has been officially declared
as a `Disaster Affected State` by the government to avail soft
loans and other facilities from banks, officials said on Wednesday.
It will also facilitate funds from international funding
agencies such as the Asian Development Bank and the World
Bank, they said.
Banks and international agencies have been approached by
the state government for rebuilding efforts following the
large-scale damages to infrastructure during the earthquake of
September 18, they said.
This is a requirement stipulated as per the Reserve Bank
of India guidelines. The notification was issued on November
21, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing