Sikkim declared disaster affected state
Gangtok: Sikkim has been officially declared
as a `Disaster Affected State` by the government to avail soft
loans and other facilities from banks, officials said on Wednesday.
It will also facilitate funds from international funding
agencies such as the Asian Development Bank and the World
Bank, they said.
Banks and international agencies have been approached by
the state government for rebuilding efforts following the
large-scale damages to infrastructure during the earthquake of
September 18, they said.
This is a requirement stipulated as per the Reserve Bank
of India guidelines. The notification was issued on November
21, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory