Sikkim declared disaster affected state
Gangtok: Sikkim has been officially declared
as a `Disaster Affected State` by the government to avail soft
loans and other facilities from banks, officials said on Wednesday.
It will also facilitate funds from international funding
agencies such as the Asian Development Bank and the World
Bank, they said.
Banks and international agencies have been approached by
the state government for rebuilding efforts following the
large-scale damages to infrastructure during the earthquake of
September 18, they said.
This is a requirement stipulated as per the Reserve Bank
of India guidelines. The notification was issued on November
21, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside