Sikkim Democratic Front sweeps first municipal elections
Gangtok: The ruling Sikkim Democratic Front party in Sikkim swept all the 47 seats in the municipality elections that were held here on Tuesday.
All votes in Tadong, Ranipool and Burtuk in east Sikkim, where opposition filed nomination, went in favour of the SDF.
The party won 44 seats in other urban local bodies uncontested.
The SDF is said to have won by a margin of over a thousand votes in the three wards. Counting was held here in a peaceful environment and the ruling party celebrations have
started throughout Sikkim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender