Sikkim: Four senior SDF leaders resign
Gangtok: Accusing of autocracy within the
ruling party and "undemocratic policies" of the party
president, four senior SDF leaders on Friday resigned from the
primary membership of the party.
They include Nima Theeng and Sonam Bhutia, members of
the party`s central executive committee, former publicity
secretary Kiran Chhettri and another party member Sonam
In their joint resignation letter to party president
Pawan Chamling, they alleged that those giving good advice are
being described as anti-party.
Describing the ongoing village to village tour of the
Chamling, who is also the chief minister of the state, these
leaders claimed that, this is an alleged misuse of the public
money and, hence, suffering from a sense of guilt, they have
decided to quit the party in the larger interest of the state
and its people.
They also voiced their strong dissent over the gazette
notification asking CBI for permission from the government
prior to investigation against any of its officials and the
party president`s call to opposition leaders to join the
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note