Sikkim: Four senior SDF leaders resign
Gangtok: Accusing of autocracy within the
ruling party and "undemocratic policies" of the party
president, four senior SDF leaders on Friday resigned from the
primary membership of the party.
They include Nima Theeng and Sonam Bhutia, members of
the party`s central executive committee, former publicity
secretary Kiran Chhettri and another party member Sonam
In their joint resignation letter to party president
Pawan Chamling, they alleged that those giving good advice are
being described as anti-party.
Describing the ongoing village to village tour of the
Chamling, who is also the chief minister of the state, these
leaders claimed that, this is an alleged misuse of the public
money and, hence, suffering from a sense of guilt, they have
decided to quit the party in the larger interest of the state
and its people.
They also voiced their strong dissent over the gazette
notification asking CBI for permission from the government
prior to investigation against any of its officials and the
party president`s call to opposition leaders to join the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves