Sikkim Governor completes three-day tour
Gangtok: Sikkim Governor Shriniwas Patil undertook a three-day tour of North Sikkim from 20-22 August.
A press release issued by the state government said that Patil visited Lachen Monastery, offered prayers and met the Lamas.
He met the Pipons and locals at PWD Guest house in Lachen where the Pipons said that allowing passage to tourists via the alternate route of Donkiala pass towards Gurudongmar would affect the livelihood of people of Lachen since tourism is the only source of income for the locals, the release said.
The Governor was informed about the bad road from Lachen to Gia-Gaon undertaken by GREF and demanded early maintenance of the road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends