Sikkim Governor completes three-day tour
Gangtok: Sikkim Governor Shriniwas Patil undertook a three-day tour of North Sikkim from 20-22 August.
A press release issued by the state government said that Patil visited Lachen Monastery, offered prayers and met the Lamas.
He met the Pipons and locals at PWD Guest house in Lachen where the Pipons said that allowing passage to tourists via the alternate route of Donkiala pass towards Gurudongmar would affect the livelihood of people of Lachen since tourism is the only source of income for the locals, the release said.
The Governor was informed about the bad road from Lachen to Gia-Gaon undertaken by GREF and demanded early maintenance of the road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`