Sikkim govt plans to introduce new taxes; Chamling
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar
Chamling today said the state government plans to increase the
state`s revenue by introducing new taxes.
The state government plans to increase the revenue by
levying environment cess, agriculture cess, education cess
and other taxes though they have not been introduced in this
year`s budget, Chamling told the assembly.
Chamling said after facilitating the first ever on-land
live casino in the state, some more casinos are proposed in
upcoming five star hotels.
The 25th of June every year will be observed as
Paryavaran Parva which will mark the dedication of the entire
populace of Sikkim to greenery and environment, the Chief
He also announced that the State government plans to
establish new Pakyong town, in East Sikkim near the proposed
Pakyong Green Field airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!
- This Russian cat adopts baby monkey after his mother abandons him – Watch inspirational video!
- Centre must explain Scorpene submarines leak, says Congress
- 10 hot features of Google Android Nougat Operating System
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters