Sikkim govt plans to introduce new taxes; Chamling
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar
Chamling today said the state government plans to increase the
state`s revenue by introducing new taxes.
The state government plans to increase the revenue by
levying environment cess, agriculture cess, education cess
and other taxes though they have not been introduced in this
year`s budget, Chamling told the assembly.
Chamling said after facilitating the first ever on-land
live casino in the state, some more casinos are proposed in
upcoming five star hotels.
The 25th of June every year will be observed as
Paryavaran Parva which will mark the dedication of the entire
populace of Sikkim to greenery and environment, the Chief
He also announced that the State government plans to
establish new Pakyong town, in East Sikkim near the proposed
Pakyong Green Field airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice