Sikkim govt plans to introduce new taxes; Chamling
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar
Chamling today said the state government plans to increase the
state`s revenue by introducing new taxes.
The state government plans to increase the revenue by
levying environment cess, agriculture cess, education cess
and other taxes though they have not been introduced in this
year`s budget, Chamling told the assembly.
Chamling said after facilitating the first ever on-land
live casino in the state, some more casinos are proposed in
upcoming five star hotels.
The 25th of June every year will be observed as
Paryavaran Parva which will mark the dedication of the entire
populace of Sikkim to greenery and environment, the Chief
He also announced that the State government plans to
establish new Pakyong town, in East Sikkim near the proposed
Pakyong Green Field airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened