Sikkim govt plans to introduce new taxes; Chamling
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar
Chamling today said the state government plans to increase the
state`s revenue by introducing new taxes.
The state government plans to increase the revenue by
levying environment cess, agriculture cess, education cess
and other taxes though they have not been introduced in this
year`s budget, Chamling told the assembly.
Chamling said after facilitating the first ever on-land
live casino in the state, some more casinos are proposed in
upcoming five star hotels.
The 25th of June every year will be observed as
Paryavaran Parva which will mark the dedication of the entire
populace of Sikkim to greenery and environment, the Chief
He also announced that the State government plans to
establish new Pakyong town, in East Sikkim near the proposed
Pakyong Green Field airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli