Sikkim govt plans to introduce new taxes; Chamling
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar
Chamling today said the state government plans to increase the
state`s revenue by introducing new taxes.
The state government plans to increase the revenue by
levying environment cess, agriculture cess, education cess
and other taxes though they have not been introduced in this
year`s budget, Chamling told the assembly.
Chamling said after facilitating the first ever on-land
live casino in the state, some more casinos are proposed in
upcoming five star hotels.
The 25th of June every year will be observed as
Paryavaran Parva which will mark the dedication of the entire
populace of Sikkim to greenery and environment, the Chief
He also announced that the State government plans to
establish new Pakyong town, in East Sikkim near the proposed
Pakyong Green Field airport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH