Sikkim Govt selects 50 students for scholarship
Gangtok: Sikkim government has finalised
the names of 50 students, all Class V toppers from various
schools, for the purpose of funding their education under the
`Special Merit Scholarship Scheme, according to an official
release here on Tuesday.
The students have been selected on the basis of their
performance in Class V as well as the screening test conducted
by the Human Resources Development Department (HRDD) last
month, the release said.
Under the scholarship scheme, the state government will
bear the entire expense of education of 10 best students in
the public schools outside the state, it said.
The remaining 40 students will be given admission in the
best public schools in the state itself and the expenses of
their education will be borne by the state government.
The state government headed by the Chief Minister Pawan
Kumar Chamling has launched the scholarship scheme to enable
the students to take up their studies seriously and compete
with the best of them in the state and outside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves