Sikkim Govt selects 50 students for scholarship
Gangtok: Sikkim government has finalised
the names of 50 students, all Class V toppers from various
schools, for the purpose of funding their education under the
`Special Merit Scholarship Scheme, according to an official
release here on Tuesday.
The students have been selected on the basis of their
performance in Class V as well as the screening test conducted
by the Human Resources Development Department (HRDD) last
month, the release said.
Under the scholarship scheme, the state government will
bear the entire expense of education of 10 best students in
the public schools outside the state, it said.
The remaining 40 students will be given admission in the
best public schools in the state itself and the expenses of
their education will be borne by the state government.
The state government headed by the Chief Minister Pawan
Kumar Chamling has launched the scholarship scheme to enable
the students to take up their studies seriously and compete
with the best of them in the state and outside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow