Sikkim Govt selects 50 students for scholarship
Gangtok: Sikkim government has finalised
the names of 50 students, all Class V toppers from various
schools, for the purpose of funding their education under the
`Special Merit Scholarship Scheme, according to an official
release here on Tuesday.
The students have been selected on the basis of their
performance in Class V as well as the screening test conducted
by the Human Resources Development Department (HRDD) last
month, the release said.
Under the scholarship scheme, the state government will
bear the entire expense of education of 10 best students in
the public schools outside the state, it said.
The remaining 40 students will be given admission in the
best public schools in the state itself and the expenses of
their education will be borne by the state government.
The state government headed by the Chief Minister Pawan
Kumar Chamling has launched the scholarship scheme to enable
the students to take up their studies seriously and compete
with the best of them in the state and outside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand