Sikkim Govt selects 50 students for scholarship
Gangtok: Sikkim government has finalised
the names of 50 students, all Class V toppers from various
schools, for the purpose of funding their education under the
`Special Merit Scholarship Scheme, according to an official
release here on Tuesday.
The students have been selected on the basis of their
performance in Class V as well as the screening test conducted
by the Human Resources Development Department (HRDD) last
month, the release said.
Under the scholarship scheme, the state government will
bear the entire expense of education of 10 best students in
the public schools outside the state, it said.
The remaining 40 students will be given admission in the
best public schools in the state itself and the expenses of
their education will be borne by the state government.
The state government headed by the Chief Minister Pawan
Kumar Chamling has launched the scholarship scheme to enable
the students to take up their studies seriously and compete
with the best of them in the state and outside.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof