Sikkim govt to amend CrPC
Gangtok: The Sikkim Government today tabled
a bill in the assembly seeking to amend a provision of the
Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) to increase the judicial remand
of under trial prisoners to 30 days from the existing 15 days
at a time.
To this effect, Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling in
his capacity as home minister tabled the Code of Criminal
Procedure (Amendment) Bill proposing amendment to the section
167 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
The increase in one-time period of judicial remand will
help the administration in several ways, the chief minister
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery