Sikkim govt to amend CrPC
Gangtok: The Sikkim Government today tabled
a bill in the assembly seeking to amend a provision of the
Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) to increase the judicial remand
of under trial prisoners to 30 days from the existing 15 days
at a time.
To this effect, Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling in
his capacity as home minister tabled the Code of Criminal
Procedure (Amendment) Bill proposing amendment to the section
167 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973.
The increase in one-time period of judicial remand will
help the administration in several ways, the chief minister
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!