Sikkim landslide: 10 bodies recovered
Gangtok: Rescuers have found one more body in the Rangma Range where 12 GREF personnel, including their family members, were killed in the September 21 landslide following heavy rains.
With the recovery of the body, which has been identified as belonging to Raj Narayan, 10 of the 12 killed in Rangma, about 4 KMs beyond Chungthang towards Lachen, have thus been retrieved.
Twenty people have lost their lives in a series of landslides in and around Chungthang following torrential rains.
Of them, four ITBP personnel were killed at Pegong, three of the GMW company at the Teesta Stage III dam site, one at Kalapathar above Chungthang and 12 in the Rangma Range.
The rescue team comprised ITBP, GREF and Army personnel, district officials, Zilla Adhyaksha and local people.
The GMW company has begun excavation at the Teesta dam site slide area. Two of its employees Bishvanath Ram and Amar Jeet Singh were feared killed and believed to be buried under the debris at the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh