Sikkim Lokayukta Bill gets presidential nod
Gangtok: The Sikkim Lokayukta Bill has got the Presidential assent turning it into an act seeking to check corruption in the state, official sources said on Tuesday.
After the passage in Sikkim Assembly on December 29, 2010, the Bill was sent on the same day to the state Governor who, in turn, forwarded it for Presidential nod on January 13, 2011.
The Bill got the signature of the then President Pratibha Patil on July 16, 2012, nearly 20 months after it was passed in the state House.
The delay in getting the President`s signature could be the effort of the Central government to formulate and pass the Lokpal Bill, the sources said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her