Sikkim sets up cell to monitor social media content
Gangtok: The Sikkim government has set up an exclusive cell in the police department to engage with the public on social media on a regular basis, Urban Development Minister DB Thapa has said.
The move was taken to counter any hate propaganda and rumour, Thapa said while speaking during the National Integration Council meeting in New Delhi yesterday.
The state government has designated nodal officers for monitoring the content of social networking sites to take immediate action against any false propaganda, a statement by the minister said here today.
He said the state government provided 30 percent reservation for women in civil police and women police officers have been posted in all police stations to ensure safety and security of the women in the state, he added.
A cell for crime against women has also been set up in the state CID wing and police officers have been sensitised in dealing with victims of rape, molestation and domestic violence, Thapa said.
The state government has set up National Integration Committees in the state and district level under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary and respective District Collectors for maintenance of communal harmony and promotion of national integration in the state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!