Sikkim will become totally Organic state by 2015: Chamling
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling
said he hopes to make the state a `fully organic state`.
"Though the task ahead is challenging, we are absolutely
committed to go totally organic by 2015," Chamling told
Director of FIBL Institute of Organic Research Centre of
Switzerland, Urs Niggli when she called him here yesterday.
The Chief Minister hoped to receive all the possible
technical support from Niggli and his institute to turn the
state into fully organic, making Sikkim the first State in the
country to achieve this status.
Niggli praised Chamling for the kind of work that is
being done by him to make Sikkim an organic state.
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between FIBL
Institute of Organic Research Centre of Switzerland and
Agriculture department of Sikkim for a long term partnership
in which the department will receive technical support from
the institute on research and training and other possible
knowledge on organic farming.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan