Sikkim’s plan outlay set at Rs 1,175 crore
Gangtok: The annual plan size of Sikkim
was finalised at Rs. 1,175 crore, a 12.5 per cent increase
over the last allocation, at a meeting between the Planning
Commission and a state delegation, a press communique said
The Sikkim delegation, led by Minister for Roads and
Bridges R B Subba on behalf of Chief Minister Pawan Chamling
who is away on medical treatment, had initially made a
projection for the draft annual plan of Rs. 1,569.20 crore,
but the plan panel finally settled for Rs 1,175 crore.
Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission, Dr. Montek Singh
Ahluwalia, lauded the initiative of Chamling towards the
"comprehensive" development of Sikkim while maintaining peace
and tranquillity in the region, the communique said here.
Gangtok was "by far the only capital among the North
Eastern States having progressed so well," Ahluwalia said at
The state delegation presented a power-point
presentation about the state to the Deputy Chairman who
recalled his visit to Tsomgo, Nathula and a cluster of
villages in Sikkim when he came here some years back to
inaugurate the International Flower Festival.
Talking about the progress made on the major projects
of the state, Ahluwalia offered to look into certain concerns
raised by the Sikkim delegation so that required funds keep
flowing for timely completion of all ongoing projects.
Sikkim was also represented by Chief Secretary T T
Dorji, Principal Secretary, Finance, R. Ongmu and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested