SIT to probe Arunachal student leader`s death
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government has decided to hand over the case of death of student leader, Goto Yudik, killed in `factional skirmishes` on January 10 in Siang district, to a Special Investigation Team, officials said on Monday.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki in consultation with the Chief Secretary HK Paliwal resolved to hand over the case to SIT for an independent and impartial inquiry immediately, they said.
The decision was taken when elected representatives Tako Dabi, Takar Marde, Gojen Gadi, Jomde Kena and P D Sona called on Tuki here yesterday.
The Chief Minister said that the government was sensitive to such incidents and would take steps to so that justice IS delivered and those responsible for the incident punished.
Promising to rehabilitate the student leader`s family, Tuki called for maintaining peace in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars