SIT to probe Arunachal student leader`s death
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government has decided to hand over the case of death of student leader, Goto Yudik, killed in `factional skirmishes` on January 10 in Siang district, to a Special Investigation Team, officials said on Monday.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki in consultation with the Chief Secretary HK Paliwal resolved to hand over the case to SIT for an independent and impartial inquiry immediately, they said.
The decision was taken when elected representatives Tako Dabi, Takar Marde, Gojen Gadi, Jomde Kena and P D Sona called on Tuki here yesterday.
The Chief Minister said that the government was sensitive to such incidents and would take steps to so that justice IS delivered and those responsible for the incident punished.
Promising to rehabilitate the student leader`s family, Tuki called for maintaining peace in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III