Six advanced landing grounds to be prepared in Arunachal
Tezpur (Assam): Six advanced landing grounds will be prepared immediately by Indian Air Force in Arunachal Pradesh for emergency landing of defence aircraft and helicopters.
The advanced landing grounds would be set up at Ziro, Vijay Nagar, Mechuka, Pasighat, Tuting and Walong, defence sources said here Wednesday.
The Border Road Organisation here under Army`s 4 Corps has taken measures to complete surface communication projects within the stipulated period, the sources said.
Union DoNER minister Paban Singh Ghatowar during a visit to the state earlier this week had said Rs 35 crore had been earmarked by his ministry for development of surface communication along the Sino-India border.
Ghatowar had also suggested that the Army and Air Force build up suitable surface and air communication there.
The defence sources said the 417 km long road along the Sino-India border in Arunachal Pradesh is expected to be completed this year.
IAF, the sources said, will develop an air field at Panagar in West Bengal for landing C-130J aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!