Six advanced landing grounds to be prepared in Arunachal
Tezpur (Assam): Six advanced landing grounds will be prepared immediately by Indian Air Force in Arunachal Pradesh for emergency landing of defence aircraft and helicopters.
The advanced landing grounds would be set up at Ziro, Vijay Nagar, Mechuka, Pasighat, Tuting and Walong, defence sources said here Wednesday.
The Border Road Organisation here under Army`s 4 Corps has taken measures to complete surface communication projects within the stipulated period, the sources said.
Union DoNER minister Paban Singh Ghatowar during a visit to the state earlier this week had said Rs 35 crore had been earmarked by his ministry for development of surface communication along the Sino-India border.
Ghatowar had also suggested that the Army and Air Force build up suitable surface and air communication there.
The defence sources said the 417 km long road along the Sino-India border in Arunachal Pradesh is expected to be completed this year.
IAF, the sources said, will develop an air field at Panagar in West Bengal for landing C-130J aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?