Six advanced landing grounds to be prepared in Arunachal
Tezpur (Assam): Six advanced landing grounds will be prepared immediately by Indian Air Force in Arunachal Pradesh for emergency landing of defence aircraft and helicopters.
The advanced landing grounds would be set up at Ziro, Vijay Nagar, Mechuka, Pasighat, Tuting and Walong, defence sources said here Wednesday.
The Border Road Organisation here under Army`s 4 Corps has taken measures to complete surface communication projects within the stipulated period, the sources said.
Union DoNER minister Paban Singh Ghatowar during a visit to the state earlier this week had said Rs 35 crore had been earmarked by his ministry for development of surface communication along the Sino-India border.
Ghatowar had also suggested that the Army and Air Force build up suitable surface and air communication there.
The defence sources said the 417 km long road along the Sino-India border in Arunachal Pradesh is expected to be completed this year.
IAF, the sources said, will develop an air field at Panagar in West Bengal for landing C-130J aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa