Six employees of Construction Company kidnapped
Aizawl: Six employees of an Assam-based construction company have been abducted from their camp at Mauzam hamlet in Mizoram by an unidentified group, state Home Minister R Lalzirliana said on Monday.
Lalzirliana told the assembly during zero hour, "Around
20 to 25 people dressed in black suits and armed with AK-47
assault rifles attacked the camp of Anupam Bricks and Concrete
Industries (ABCI) workers at Lungei district last night and
abducted six people identified as Pushpa Sharma, Pawan Singh,
Sunil Singh, Shia Ram, Purna Ram and Tikloo".
While Pushpa Sharma is an accountant and Tikloo is an
excavator operator, the rest of the officials are supervisors,
The abductors took away Rs two lakh in cash from the ABCI
officials before fleeing into the jungle.
Combing and search operations were launched by the
police to secure the release of the abducted persons and
arrest the kidnappers, he said.
Senior police officials, however, suspected that the
abductors had escaped to Bangladesh.
The ABCI was engaged in Mizoram-Bangladesh border
fencing construction work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'