Six employees of Construction Company kidnapped
Aizawl: Six employees of an Assam-based construction company have been abducted from their camp at Mauzam hamlet in Mizoram by an unidentified group, state Home Minister R Lalzirliana said on Monday.
Lalzirliana told the assembly during zero hour, "Around
20 to 25 people dressed in black suits and armed with AK-47
assault rifles attacked the camp of Anupam Bricks and Concrete
Industries (ABCI) workers at Lungei district last night and
abducted six people identified as Pushpa Sharma, Pawan Singh,
Sunil Singh, Shia Ram, Purna Ram and Tikloo".
While Pushpa Sharma is an accountant and Tikloo is an
excavator operator, the rest of the officials are supervisors,
The abductors took away Rs two lakh in cash from the ABCI
officials before fleeing into the jungle.
Combing and search operations were launched by the
police to secure the release of the abducted persons and
arrest the kidnappers, he said.
Senior police officials, however, suspected that the
abductors had escaped to Bangladesh.
The ABCI was engaged in Mizoram-Bangladesh border
fencing construction work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur