Six employees of Construction Company kidnapped
Aizawl: Six employees of an Assam-based construction company have been abducted from their camp at Mauzam hamlet in Mizoram by an unidentified group, state Home Minister R Lalzirliana said on Monday.
Lalzirliana told the assembly during zero hour, "Around
20 to 25 people dressed in black suits and armed with AK-47
assault rifles attacked the camp of Anupam Bricks and Concrete
Industries (ABCI) workers at Lungei district last night and
abducted six people identified as Pushpa Sharma, Pawan Singh,
Sunil Singh, Shia Ram, Purna Ram and Tikloo".
While Pushpa Sharma is an accountant and Tikloo is an
excavator operator, the rest of the officials are supervisors,
The abductors took away Rs two lakh in cash from the ABCI
officials before fleeing into the jungle.
Combing and search operations were launched by the
police to secure the release of the abducted persons and
arrest the kidnappers, he said.
Senior police officials, however, suspected that the
abductors had escaped to Bangladesh.
The ABCI was engaged in Mizoram-Bangladesh border
fencing construction work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA