Six-hour Dimapur trade bandh peaceful
Kohima: A six-hour trade bandh called by
Dimapur Chamber of Commerce and Industries (DCCI) protesting
continuous harassment of business community on Tuesday passed off
The bandh began at 6.00 am brought the entire business
activities in the commercial hub of the state to a standstill
till noon with no reports of any untoward incident during the
period, police said.
The DCCI, which called for the bandh protesting
continuous harassment on business community by both
underground activists and criminals, particularly recent bomb
attack on a hardware shop, later submitted a memorandum to the
district administration demanding arrest of the culprits and
adequate security in the town.
On June 30, two motor-cycle born unidentified
miscreants hurled a hand grenade on the shop, opposite Assam
Rifles Training Centre (ARTC) on NH-29 in 3rd mile area of the
town, killing a person and injuring three others.
The incident sent a panic among the business
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them