Six-hour Dimapur trade bandh peaceful
Kohima: A six-hour trade bandh called by
Dimapur Chamber of Commerce and Industries (DCCI) protesting
continuous harassment of business community on Tuesday passed off
The bandh began at 6.00 am brought the entire business
activities in the commercial hub of the state to a standstill
till noon with no reports of any untoward incident during the
period, police said.
The DCCI, which called for the bandh protesting
continuous harassment on business community by both
underground activists and criminals, particularly recent bomb
attack on a hardware shop, later submitted a memorandum to the
district administration demanding arrest of the culprits and
adequate security in the town.
On June 30, two motor-cycle born unidentified
miscreants hurled a hand grenade on the shop, opposite Assam
Rifles Training Centre (ARTC) on NH-29 in 3rd mile area of the
town, killing a person and injuring three others.
The incident sent a panic among the business
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...