Six-hour Dimapur trade bandh peaceful
Kohima: A six-hour trade bandh called by
Dimapur Chamber of Commerce and Industries (DCCI) protesting
continuous harassment of business community on Tuesday passed off
The bandh began at 6.00 am brought the entire business
activities in the commercial hub of the state to a standstill
till noon with no reports of any untoward incident during the
period, police said.
The DCCI, which called for the bandh protesting
continuous harassment on business community by both
underground activists and criminals, particularly recent bomb
attack on a hardware shop, later submitted a memorandum to the
district administration demanding arrest of the culprits and
adequate security in the town.
On June 30, two motor-cycle born unidentified
miscreants hurled a hand grenade on the shop, opposite Assam
Rifles Training Centre (ARTC) on NH-29 in 3rd mile area of the
town, killing a person and injuring three others.
The incident sent a panic among the business
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened