Six insurgents arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Six insurgents of separate outfits were arrested by security forces from different places in Manipur, officials said on Tuesday.
The insurgents, belonging to United National Liberation Front (UNLF), People`s Liberation Army (PLA) and Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL), were arrested yesterday.
An AK-47 rifle, 16 rounds of ammunition, one 9mm pistol, and a hand grenade were recovered from their possession.
A PLA sympathiser was arrested from Imphal West district last evening.
Following his interrogation, police recovered two 9mm pistols, some rounds of ammunition, one grenade, two mobile phones and five kgs of explosive materials from a house, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'