Six militants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Six militants of different
organisations have been arrested in Manipur since
yesterday, police said Wednesday.
While a member of banned People`s United Liberation Front
(PULF) identified as Md Wazirudding (32) was nabbed from
Keirao area in Imphal east district, two insurgents of banned
United National Liberation Front (UNLF), named as K Sushil
(28) and Ph. Winnerjit (20) were arrested from Bamon Leikai
area near here yesterday, sources said.
Sources said a militant belonging to militant outfit
Kangleipak Communist Party-Military Council (KCP-MC)
identified as N James (27) was arrested from Yumnao Patolour
area in Bishenpur district yesterday.
Sources also said two activists of newly-formed United
People`s Revolutionary Front (UPRF) were also arrested by
police commandos and they were identified as Md Altab (28) and
M Habibur Rehamand (53).
Three small arms and several rounds of ammuntion were
recovered from the arrested, sources said. All the arrested
persons were in police custody for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note