Six NLFT insurgents surrender in Tripura
Agartala: With Bangladesh security forces
carrying out raids on their hideouts, six insurgents of the
outlawed National Liberation Front of Tripura have surrendered
before troops in West Tripura district, police said on Monday.
Two of the ultras surrendered yesterday before the
commandant of 15 Battalion of Assam Rifles at Hrankhawlpara
camp under Teliamura police station and deposited two
AK-series rifles, two magazines and cartridges.
The four others surrendered before the Commandant of
1st battalion of Tripura State Rifles (TSR) at Lefunga camp
under Sidhai police station and deposited cartridges.
During interrogation, the insurgents revealed that
security forces in Bangladesh were making frequent raids on
their hideouts, mainly in Chittagong Hill Tracts, police said.
Around 330 insurgents of two banned outfits - NLFT and
All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) have surrendered before
security forces this year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way