Six persons injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Goalpara (Assam): Six persons, including
five children, were injured when a bomb exploded in the
compound of a house in Goalpara district on Thursday, official
The son of one Rajen Das of Jyotinagar area of
Goalpara town noticed a bag lying in their compound this
morning and called his neighbours, the sources said.
The bomb exploded seriously injuring one of his
neighbours when he stepped on it.
Five children who were watching it received minor
injuries requiring only first aid, the sources said.
Police rushed to the site, cordoned off the area and
were investigating the incident.
Rajan Das told reporters that he suspected his
son-in-law, a surrendered Bengali Tiger Force militant, to be
responsible for the explosion as he was regularly threatening
the family with dire consequences for opposing their marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss