Six ULFA militants nabbed in Assam
Goalpara: An ULFA camp was busted
and six militants were apprehended in a joint operation by
police and Army in Assam`s Goalpara district today.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the Army and police
raided an ULFA camp atop Tarangthop Hill at Dairangsalapara
area of the district, police said.
The militants had, however, abandoned the camp and the
security forces found some training equipment and a temporary
kitchen with ration supplies.
A massive combing operation was launched in the area and
subsequently six militants were apprehended from different
places of the district.
There were around 20 militants in the camp. Operations
are on to nab the rest of them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi