Six ULFA militants nabbed in Assam
Goalpara: An ULFA camp was busted
and six militants were apprehended in a joint operation by
police and Army in Assam`s Goalpara district today.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the Army and police
raided an ULFA camp atop Tarangthop Hill at Dairangsalapara
area of the district, police said.
The militants had, however, abandoned the camp and the
security forces found some training equipment and a temporary
kitchen with ration supplies.
A massive combing operation was launched in the area and
subsequently six militants were apprehended from different
places of the district.
There were around 20 militants in the camp. Operations
are on to nab the rest of them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason