Some insurgents groups still using B`desh soil: Tr
Agartala: A few insurgent groups are still using Bangladesh soil to strike in Tripura, though the three-decade old insurgency problem has been stamped out in the north eastern border state, its outgoing Director General of Police Sanjoy Sinha said on Sunday.
Four groups of insurgents are trying to strike in Simna in west Tripura district, Khowai in Khowai district and Kanchanpur in North Tripura district from across the border... The most remarkable success of the Left Front was to crush the three decade old insurgency in the state," he told reporters here.
Tripura has 856-km long international border with Bangladesh.
Sinha, an IPS officer of Manipur-Tripura cadre, will retire today and Additional Director General CRPF North East Zone, C Balasubramaniam of the same cadre will take over from him, IG Police Nepal Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days