Some insurgents groups still using B`desh soil: Tr
Agartala: A few insurgent groups are still using Bangladesh soil to strike in Tripura, though the three-decade old insurgency problem has been stamped out in the north eastern border state, its outgoing Director General of Police Sanjoy Sinha said on Sunday.
Four groups of insurgents are trying to strike in Simna in west Tripura district, Khowai in Khowai district and Kanchanpur in North Tripura district from across the border... The most remarkable success of the Left Front was to crush the three decade old insurgency in the state," he told reporters here.
Tripura has 856-km long international border with Bangladesh.
Sinha, an IPS officer of Manipur-Tripura cadre, will retire today and Additional Director General CRPF North East Zone, C Balasubramaniam of the same cadre will take over from him, IG Police Nepal Das said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India