Some insurgents groups still using B`desh soil: Tr
Agartala: A few insurgent groups are still using Bangladesh soil to strike in Tripura, though the three-decade old insurgency problem has been stamped out in the north eastern border state, its outgoing Director General of Police Sanjoy Sinha said on Sunday.
Four groups of insurgents are trying to strike in Simna in west Tripura district, Khowai in Khowai district and Kanchanpur in North Tripura district from across the border... The most remarkable success of the Left Front was to crush the three decade old insurgency in the state," he told reporters here.
Tripura has 856-km long international border with Bangladesh.
Sinha, an IPS officer of Manipur-Tripura cadre, will retire today and Additional Director General CRPF North East Zone, C Balasubramaniam of the same cadre will take over from him, IG Police Nepal Das said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today