SP announces 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Friday announced a list of 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls next month.
"Our party has announced 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls after a delegation of former legislators and ministers met party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav here and joined the party," a statement released by SP here said.
Assembly Elections in Meghalaya and Nagaland are scheduled to be held on February 23.
Among the leaders who met Yadav here include three-time legislator and former minister BA Sangma, former minister Augustine D`mark, and former MLA and minister Manirul Islam.
Yadav said that the new inclusions would strengthen the party and would also achieve its mandate to have the party`s presence in Meghalaya by 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video