SP announces 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Friday announced a list of 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls next month.
"Our party has announced 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls after a delegation of former legislators and ministers met party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav here and joined the party," a statement released by SP here said.
Assembly Elections in Meghalaya and Nagaland are scheduled to be held on February 23.
Among the leaders who met Yadav here include three-time legislator and former minister BA Sangma, former minister Augustine D`mark, and former MLA and minister Manirul Islam.
Yadav said that the new inclusions would strengthen the party and would also achieve its mandate to have the party`s presence in Meghalaya by 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police