SP announces 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party on Friday announced a list of 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls next month.
"Our party has announced 13 candidates for Meghalaya Assembly polls after a delegation of former legislators and ministers met party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav here and joined the party," a statement released by SP here said.
Assembly Elections in Meghalaya and Nagaland are scheduled to be held on February 23.
Among the leaders who met Yadav here include three-time legislator and former minister BA Sangma, former minister Augustine D`mark, and former MLA and minister Manirul Islam.
Yadav said that the new inclusions would strengthen the party and would also achieve its mandate to have the party`s presence in Meghalaya by 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him