SPB approves AOP for Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The Annual Operating Plan for Arunachal Pradesh for 2013-14 was approved today approved by the State Planning Board (SPB) meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, who is also the chairman of SPB.
The overall plan allocation for 2013-14 is Rs 3700 crore that marked a step up 23 per cent over Revised Outlay of Annual Plan of 2012-13 of Rs 3010 crore, official sources informed.
It was possible due to the relentless efforts put in by the chief minister and his team pursuing the state government proposals with the Centre and highlighting the critical requirements of the people of this frontier state, sources said.
Addressing the meeting, Tuki said that this was the earliest ever that the SPB meeting was held in the state.
He added that the timely approval of AOP would pave the way for timely execution of projects, resulting in faster development.
He elaborated on the thrust areas for the current financial year as, taking education to door-steps, ensuring health for all, agriculture and horticulture, including tea and rubber cultivation, employment generation and skill development, realizing potential of youth in sports and physical activities and tourism promotion.
He also dwelt on revenue collection which was impressive last year primarily because of the string of measures that the state government had initiated to increase revenue last year.
Tuki urged that quarterly monitoring of the Plan schemes must be undertaken by the Planning Department.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister (Planning) Chowna Mein stressed on the need for promotion of income generating activities like tea and rubber cultivation and conveyed that state government would strive to provide funds for all development oriented schemes proposed by the departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore