SPB approves AOP for Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The Annual Operating Plan for Arunachal Pradesh for 2013-14 was approved today approved by the State Planning Board (SPB) meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, who is also the chairman of SPB.
The overall plan allocation for 2013-14 is Rs 3700 crore that marked a step up 23 per cent over Revised Outlay of Annual Plan of 2012-13 of Rs 3010 crore, official sources informed.
It was possible due to the relentless efforts put in by the chief minister and his team pursuing the state government proposals with the Centre and highlighting the critical requirements of the people of this frontier state, sources said.
Addressing the meeting, Tuki said that this was the earliest ever that the SPB meeting was held in the state.
He added that the timely approval of AOP would pave the way for timely execution of projects, resulting in faster development.
He elaborated on the thrust areas for the current financial year as, taking education to door-steps, ensuring health for all, agriculture and horticulture, including tea and rubber cultivation, employment generation and skill development, realizing potential of youth in sports and physical activities and tourism promotion.
He also dwelt on revenue collection which was impressive last year primarily because of the string of measures that the state government had initiated to increase revenue last year.
Tuki urged that quarterly monitoring of the Plan schemes must be undertaken by the Planning Department.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister (Planning) Chowna Mein stressed on the need for promotion of income generating activities like tea and rubber cultivation and conveyed that state government would strive to provide funds for all development oriented schemes proposed by the departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured