SPB approves AOP for Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The Annual Operating Plan for Arunachal Pradesh for 2013-14 was approved today approved by the State Planning Board (SPB) meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, who is also the chairman of SPB.
The overall plan allocation for 2013-14 is Rs 3700 crore that marked a step up 23 per cent over Revised Outlay of Annual Plan of 2012-13 of Rs 3010 crore, official sources informed.
It was possible due to the relentless efforts put in by the chief minister and his team pursuing the state government proposals with the Centre and highlighting the critical requirements of the people of this frontier state, sources said.
Addressing the meeting, Tuki said that this was the earliest ever that the SPB meeting was held in the state.
He added that the timely approval of AOP would pave the way for timely execution of projects, resulting in faster development.
He elaborated on the thrust areas for the current financial year as, taking education to door-steps, ensuring health for all, agriculture and horticulture, including tea and rubber cultivation, employment generation and skill development, realizing potential of youth in sports and physical activities and tourism promotion.
He also dwelt on revenue collection which was impressive last year primarily because of the string of measures that the state government had initiated to increase revenue last year.
Tuki urged that quarterly monitoring of the Plan schemes must be undertaken by the Planning Department.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister (Planning) Chowna Mein stressed on the need for promotion of income generating activities like tea and rubber cultivation and conveyed that state government would strive to provide funds for all development oriented schemes proposed by the departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared