Special campaign to enrol voters failed in Arunachal Pradesh: BJP
Itanagar: The BJP on Monday alleged that the special campaign to provide one more opportunity to newly eligible voters to include their names in electoral rolls in Arunachal Pradesh has "failed" due to "irresponsibility" of District Electoral Registration Officers.
"DEROs of various districts did not inform Booth Level Officers of polling stations on the special campaign announced by Chief Election Commission of India yesterday, for which the exercise totally failed in the state," party spokesperson Techi Necha alleged.
He claimed that the notification for the special campaign was given by the state CEO yesterday, the scheduled day of the campaign.
Necha claimed that party functionaries visited nine polling stations under Itanagar Assembly Constituency and found no BLOs at any of the polling stations.
Similar situation was also reported from various districts, he alleged.
The party has decided to lodge a complaint with Election Commission of India on violation of its directives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends