Special package sought for Arunachal minorities
Itanagar: A special package has been sought by the Arunachal Pradesh government for minorities in the state in addition to Rs 260 crore provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the Multi Sectoral Development Programme.
The package was sought during a meeting between Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and Union Minority Affairs minister K Rahman Khan in Delhi, official sources said here today.
Tuki, who attended the meeting yesterday, emphasized on the identification and creation of more minority blocks in the state for overall development, the sources said.
He also sought coverage of the state under scholarships and grant in aid schemes of the ministry including pre-matric and post-matric scholarships for minorities, merit-cum-means scholarship for professionals and technical course and also the Maulana Azad Education Foundation schemes.
The union minister assured full co-operation, the sources said. Later in the day, Tuki called on Union Home Secretary designate Anil Goswami at his North Block office and discussed matters pertaining to the internal security of the state.
Goswami told the chief minister that he would visit the state on June 11 for a comprehensive review of the situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried