ST, SC demand repeal of AFSPA from Tripura
Agartala: Schedule Caste Schedule tribe Other Backward Communities Development Council (SCSTOBCDC), an independent organization on Monday demanded repeal of Armed Forces Special Power Act (AFSPA) from Tripura.
The members of the organization which organized a sit-in before the Swami Vivekananda stadium here shouted slogans demanding repeal of the act which gives ample power to the paramilitary forces and army to arrest any person in the name of combating insurgency.
The organization also spread leaflets which said, the act is draconian which infringed the right to common people.
This act is invoked in the state when the insurgency was in its peak in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state