ST, SC demand repeal of AFSPA from Tripura
Agartala: Schedule Caste Schedule tribe Other Backward Communities Development Council (SCSTOBCDC), an independent organization on Monday demanded repeal of Armed Forces Special Power Act (AFSPA) from Tripura.
The members of the organization which organized a sit-in before the Swami Vivekananda stadium here shouted slogans demanding repeal of the act which gives ample power to the paramilitary forces and army to arrest any person in the name of combating insurgency.
The organization also spread leaflets which said, the act is draconian which infringed the right to common people.
This act is invoked in the state when the insurgency was in its peak in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city