ST, SC demand repeal of AFSPA from Tripura
Agartala: Schedule Caste Schedule tribe Other Backward Communities Development Council (SCSTOBCDC), an independent organization on Monday demanded repeal of Armed Forces Special Power Act (AFSPA) from Tripura.
The members of the organization which organized a sit-in before the Swami Vivekananda stadium here shouted slogans demanding repeal of the act which gives ample power to the paramilitary forces and army to arrest any person in the name of combating insurgency.
The organization also spread leaflets which said, the act is draconian which infringed the right to common people.
This act is invoked in the state when the insurgency was in its peak in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof