Stalemate continues in Assam assembly
Guwahati: A determined opposition stalled
proceedings of Assam assembly for the seventh consecutive day
on Tuesday even as listed business was passed and the house
Immediately after the house commenced on the last day
of the budget session, the opposition demanded dropping of
tainted ministers and probe into all departments of the
multi-crore North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council scandal by
Pandemonium prevailed as treasury and opposition
members traded charges forcing Speaker Tanka Bahadur Rai to
adjourn the question hour.
Even after the house re-assembled, the opposition, led
by their leader and former Chief Minister Prafulla Kumar
Mahanta, continued their protests.
Despite the prevailing chaos, the listed business was
passed before the Speaker adjourned the house sine-die.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception