Stolen arms and ammunitions recovered in Assam
Diphu (Assam): Arms and ammunitions stolen
from a police barrack on Tuesday was recovered on Thursday and one
person arrested in this connection at Bokajan in Karbi Anglong
district, police sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team led by Superintendent
of Police Anurag Agarwala nabbed one Bijoy Singh who
allegedly was planning to sell the stolen arms to the NSCN(IM)
in Dimapur, they said.
Singh also alleged that he had stolen the arms and
ammunitions from the police barrack with the connivance of
Agarwala said that investigations were on and
appropriate action would be taken against the policemen, if
they were found guilty.
The police recovered three Insert Rifles with 140
rounds of ammunition and a self-loading rifle (SLR) with 100
The barrack housing about 15 men from the 9 Assam
Police battalion is situated adjacent to the Bokajan police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’