‘Stop exploration of natural resources in Nagaland
Kohima: Naga Hoho, apex body of the tribal bodies in Nagaland, has appealed to the state government to stop the ongoing exploration of natural resources without the consent of the land owners and the Naga people.
The appeal was made in the Naga Hoho federal assembly where several tribal bodies spoke against the exploration of natural resources in Naga inhabited areas, its Secretary Kenyuseng Tep said in a statement today.
Reaffirming its stand on the right of land ownership, the Hoho appealed to the government to take the land owners and the tribe Hohos into confidence before taking any further action.
The federal assembly was held in Dimapur last week, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof