Storm damages houses, granaries in Arunachal
Itanagar: A cyclonic storm has damaged several houses, granaries and uprooted electric poles in parts of Arunachal Pradesh for the past two days.
As many as 17 families were rendered homeless when a storm hit Pha village under Gangte Circle in remote Kurung Kumey district yesterday, an official report said.
Murimugli, Nguri, Laa and Puchigeko areas in Upper Subansiri district also suffered large scale destruction in the storm, the report said.
In Murimugli alone, about 140 kutcha and pucca houses and 65 granaries were damaged with an estimated loss of Rs 3.28 crore, the report said.
Several houses, granaries were damaged and electric poles uprooted in Mirem, Yagrung and Borguli villages in East Siang district where the storm hit on Sunday, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round