Storm damages houses, granaries in Arunachal
Itanagar: A cyclonic storm has damaged several houses, granaries and uprooted electric poles in parts of Arunachal Pradesh for the past two days.
As many as 17 families were rendered homeless when a storm hit Pha village under Gangte Circle in remote Kurung Kumey district yesterday, an official report said.
Murimugli, Nguri, Laa and Puchigeko areas in Upper Subansiri district also suffered large scale destruction in the storm, the report said.
In Murimugli alone, about 140 kutcha and pucca houses and 65 granaries were damaged with an estimated loss of Rs 3.28 crore, the report said.
Several houses, granaries were damaged and electric poles uprooted in Mirem, Yagrung and Borguli villages in East Siang district where the storm hit on Sunday, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31