Storm leaves a trail of destruction in E Siang
Itanagar: A storm of cyclonic intensity struck two villages and some areas of East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh at midnight last night leaving behind a trail of destruction.
Official sources said here left a trail of devastation at Miglung and Remi villages besides some parts of Yagrung agricultural fields.
The storm destroyed standing crops, uprooted trees and bamboo groves along its path and blew away roofs of many houses besides damaging several Anganwadi buildings and a prayer center, the sources said.
Some uprooted trees fell on dwelling houses and completely damaging them.
Many electrical poles and transmission lines have been damaged and the electrical department are working on war footing to restore them, the sources added.
Circle officer of Bilat, Toni Mitkong rushed to the area and took stock of the situation today.
He assured to provide relief as per government’s provision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?