Storm leaves a trail of destruction in E Siang
Itanagar: A storm of cyclonic intensity struck two villages and some areas of East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh at midnight last night leaving behind a trail of destruction.
Official sources said here left a trail of devastation at Miglung and Remi villages besides some parts of Yagrung agricultural fields.
The storm destroyed standing crops, uprooted trees and bamboo groves along its path and blew away roofs of many houses besides damaging several Anganwadi buildings and a prayer center, the sources said.
Some uprooted trees fell on dwelling houses and completely damaging them.
Many electrical poles and transmission lines have been damaged and the electrical department are working on war footing to restore them, the sources added.
Circle officer of Bilat, Toni Mitkong rushed to the area and took stock of the situation today.
He assured to provide relief as per government’s provision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video