Storm leaves a trail of destruction in E Siang
Itanagar: A storm of cyclonic intensity struck two villages and some areas of East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh at midnight last night leaving behind a trail of destruction.
Official sources said here left a trail of devastation at Miglung and Remi villages besides some parts of Yagrung agricultural fields.
The storm destroyed standing crops, uprooted trees and bamboo groves along its path and blew away roofs of many houses besides damaging several Anganwadi buildings and a prayer center, the sources said.
Some uprooted trees fell on dwelling houses and completely damaging them.
Many electrical poles and transmission lines have been damaged and the electrical department are working on war footing to restore them, the sources added.
Circle officer of Bilat, Toni Mitkong rushed to the area and took stock of the situation today.
He assured to provide relief as per government’s provision.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?