Storm leaves a trail of destruction in E Siang
Itanagar: A storm of cyclonic intensity struck two villages and some areas of East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh at midnight last night leaving behind a trail of destruction.
Official sources said here left a trail of devastation at Miglung and Remi villages besides some parts of Yagrung agricultural fields.
The storm destroyed standing crops, uprooted trees and bamboo groves along its path and blew away roofs of many houses besides damaging several Anganwadi buildings and a prayer center, the sources said.
Some uprooted trees fell on dwelling houses and completely damaging them.
Many electrical poles and transmission lines have been damaged and the electrical department are working on war footing to restore them, the sources added.
Circle officer of Bilat, Toni Mitkong rushed to the area and took stock of the situation today.
He assured to provide relief as per government’s provision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!