Storm leaves a trail of destruction in E Siang
Itanagar: A storm of cyclonic intensity struck two villages and some areas of East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh at midnight last night leaving behind a trail of destruction.
Official sources said here left a trail of devastation at Miglung and Remi villages besides some parts of Yagrung agricultural fields.
The storm destroyed standing crops, uprooted trees and bamboo groves along its path and blew away roofs of many houses besides damaging several Anganwadi buildings and a prayer center, the sources said.
Some uprooted trees fell on dwelling houses and completely damaging them.
Many electrical poles and transmission lines have been damaged and the electrical department are working on war footing to restore them, the sources added.
Circle officer of Bilat, Toni Mitkong rushed to the area and took stock of the situation today.
He assured to provide relief as per government’s provision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!