Strom snaps power supply in Shillong
Shillong: A storm that lashed the city last afternoon led to a major breakdown of power supply in the capital city.
Power Minister A T Mondal said the storm uprooted
trees and branches which damaged power lines at various places
causing the breakdown.
Several parts of the city remained in darkness since last afternoon, while other faced intermittent power-cuts as the breakdown affected work at government offices and private enterprises.
The power supply is expected to be restored by this
evening, officials at the power department said.
Internet connectivity was also reported to have been disrupted due to the storm at some places.
No casualty was reported from anywhere due to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah