Strom snaps power supply in Shillong
Shillong: A storm that lashed the city last afternoon led to a major breakdown of power supply in the capital city.
Power Minister A T Mondal said the storm uprooted
trees and branches which damaged power lines at various places
causing the breakdown.
Several parts of the city remained in darkness since last afternoon, while other faced intermittent power-cuts as the breakdown affected work at government offices and private enterprises.
The power supply is expected to be restored by this
evening, officials at the power department said.
Internet connectivity was also reported to have been disrupted due to the storm at some places.
No casualty was reported from anywhere due to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'