Strom snaps power supply in Shillong
Shillong: A storm that lashed the city last afternoon led to a major breakdown of power supply in the capital city.
Power Minister A T Mondal said the storm uprooted
trees and branches which damaged power lines at various places
causing the breakdown.
Several parts of the city remained in darkness since last afternoon, while other faced intermittent power-cuts as the breakdown affected work at government offices and private enterprises.
The power supply is expected to be restored by this
evening, officials at the power department said.
Internet connectivity was also reported to have been disrupted due to the storm at some places.
No casualty was reported from anywhere due to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal