Student kidnapped for ransom in Manipur
Imphal: A student of seventh standard of the Don Bosco School here has been kidnapped with a militant organisation demanding ransom for his release.
Police sources said a complaint was received about the kidnap of the student T Rahul on April 21, but could not confirm whether the kidnappers had demanded money from the school authorities.
School sources said they had received phone calls from unknown persons demanding money, but refused to speak about the amount demanded and the identity of the callers.
Spokesman of the Democratic Students Alliance of Manipur (DESAM) Thoithoi Singh said kidnapping a student for ransom was highly condemnable and the kidnappers should release him immediately.
He said that a militant
t outfit had demanded Rs three lakh from the school authorities.
The All Manipur Students union, Students Union of Kangleipak and other organisations also condemned the kidnap of the student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere