Student kidnapped for ransom in Manipur
Imphal: A student of seventh standard of the Don Bosco School here has been kidnapped with a militant organisation demanding ransom for his release.
Police sources said a complaint was received about the kidnap of the student T Rahul on April 21, but could not confirm whether the kidnappers had demanded money from the school authorities.
School sources said they had received phone calls from unknown persons demanding money, but refused to speak about the amount demanded and the identity of the callers.
Spokesman of the Democratic Students Alliance of Manipur (DESAM) Thoithoi Singh said kidnapping a student for ransom was highly condemnable and the kidnappers should release him immediately.
He said that a militant
t outfit had demanded Rs three lakh from the school authorities.
The All Manipur Students union, Students Union of Kangleipak and other organisations also condemned the kidnap of the student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly