Student kidnapped for ransom in Manipur
Imphal: A student of seventh standard of the Don Bosco School here has been kidnapped with a militant organisation demanding ransom for his release.
Police sources said a complaint was received about the kidnap of the student T Rahul on April 21, but could not confirm whether the kidnappers had demanded money from the school authorities.
School sources said they had received phone calls from unknown persons demanding money, but refused to speak about the amount demanded and the identity of the callers.
Spokesman of the Democratic Students Alliance of Manipur (DESAM) Thoithoi Singh said kidnapping a student for ransom was highly condemnable and the kidnappers should release him immediately.
He said that a militant
t outfit had demanded Rs three lakh from the school authorities.
The All Manipur Students union, Students Union of Kangleipak and other organisations also condemned the kidnap of the student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’