Student kidnapped for ransom in Manipur
Imphal: A student of seventh standard of the Don Bosco School here has been kidnapped with a militant organisation demanding ransom for his release.
Police sources said a complaint was received about the kidnap of the student T Rahul on April 21, but could not confirm whether the kidnappers had demanded money from the school authorities.
School sources said they had received phone calls from unknown persons demanding money, but refused to speak about the amount demanded and the identity of the callers.
Spokesman of the Democratic Students Alliance of Manipur (DESAM) Thoithoi Singh said kidnapping a student for ransom was highly condemnable and the kidnappers should release him immediately.
He said that a militant
t outfit had demanded Rs three lakh from the school authorities.
The All Manipur Students union, Students Union of Kangleipak and other organisations also condemned the kidnap of the student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir