Student killing: Hundreds join protest rally
Kohima: Hundreds of people staged a public rally in Nagaland’s Zunheboto town protesting the killing of a student in the gunfight between two rival factions of NSCN in civilian area, asking the leaders of respective underground groups to immediately send back their cadres to respective designated camps from populated areas.
Keeping the body of the victim at the venue, hundreds of people from all walks of life attended the public rally at the town police point yesterday protesting the killing of the 16-year-old Class-X boy in the factional feud between the cadres of NSCN(K) and NSCN (Khole-Kitovi) on Tuesday, reports received here today said.
The meeting adopted a four-point resolution demanding immediate vacation of civilian areas by the cadres of both the groups and confine themselves to their respective designated camps as per the agreed ceasefire ground rules.
The rally also demanded termination of commanders of both the groups responsible for the gunfight leading to the killing of the innocent boy.
In another resolution, the the public resolved not to pay any kind of tax to any faction without prior and proper consultation with the Sumi Naga frontal organisations and elders.
In the event of anymore gunfights and disturbance of public peace, the rally resolved that the public would come out on the streets and chase the underground activists out from civilian areas.
The meeting also asked the government to deploy more police and paramilitary personnel for patrolling in Zunheboto town to instil a sense of security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH