Superfine rice being distributed in Manipur
Imphal: Manipur government has been distributing `superfine` rice at subsidised rates at different places under the initiative of Consumer Affairs Food and Public Distribution Department in view of the scarcity of rice in various areas of the state, official sources said on Wednesday.
Five Kgs of superfine rice at Rs 10 per Kg was distributed to each person who came to purchase at various places at Khoyathong, Khwairamband Keithel, Palace Gate and others in Imphal and surrounding areas on Tuesday.
A large number of people came to collect the rice from mobile shops at these places, the sources said adding that essential itmes would be distributed at various places in the two valley districts of Imphal East and Imphal West in the next few days.
Sources said essential items at subsidised rates would also be distributed in the interior valley districts of Thoubal and Bishenpur and the hill districts through public distribution systems.
The state government has banned the sale of superfine rice from government godowns at higher rates, the sources said adding that anyone selling rice at higher rates from government godowns would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city