Superfine rice being distributed in Manipur
Imphal: Manipur government has been distributing `superfine` rice at subsidised rates at different places under the initiative of Consumer Affairs Food and Public Distribution Department in view of the scarcity of rice in various areas of the state, official sources said on Wednesday.
Five Kgs of superfine rice at Rs 10 per Kg was distributed to each person who came to purchase at various places at Khoyathong, Khwairamband Keithel, Palace Gate and others in Imphal and surrounding areas on Tuesday.
A large number of people came to collect the rice from mobile shops at these places, the sources said adding that essential itmes would be distributed at various places in the two valley districts of Imphal East and Imphal West in the next few days.
Sources said essential items at subsidised rates would also be distributed in the interior valley districts of Thoubal and Bishenpur and the hill districts through public distribution systems.
The state government has banned the sale of superfine rice from government godowns at higher rates, the sources said adding that anyone selling rice at higher rates from government godowns would be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30