Surface transport in many districts of Arunachal affected
Itanagar: Surface communication in several
districts of Arunachal Pradesh has been disrupted following
the first wave of monsoon flood triggered by incessant
rainfall during the past couple of days, official sources said
The water level of Lohit and Dehing River in Lohit and
Anjaw districts have increased by two meters posing serious
threats to the habitations in the catchments areas, the
Landslides triggered by flashflood de-linked Hawai, the
headquarters of Anjaw district from the rest of the state on
Monday besides washing away a primary school building and a
few dwelling houses near Hayuliang.
Incessant rain for the last four days aggravated by heavy
hailstorm caused the hazard that has affected the power supply
in Hawai and blocked the Hayuliang-Wallong?Kibithoo road,
deputy commissioner C S Jeinow said.
However, no casualty has been reported.
Heavy incessant downpour accompanied by storms since March
19 last has disturbed normal life in Lohit district. While
surface communication between Tezu and Tinsukia via Parsuram
Kund, and between Alubari Ghat and Tezu to Sunpura have been
The BRTF has restored the roads temporarily, sources said.
Lohit deputy commissioner R K Sharma has directed civil
supplies department to store sufficient buffer stocks of
essential items in anticipation of an emergency situation.
No loss of life or property has been reported so far.
In Namsai subdivision under Lohit district around 3000 people
in Dharampur, Ronaglibheel, Rajabheel and Lekang Miri villages
were marooned after flood waters breached the embankment
constructed by the villagers.
In Sagalee under Papum Pare district, strong winds over two
days since March 21 last have damaged many buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof