Surface transport in many districts of Arunachal affected
Itanagar: Surface communication in several
districts of Arunachal Pradesh has been disrupted following
the first wave of monsoon flood triggered by incessant
rainfall during the past couple of days, official sources said
The water level of Lohit and Dehing River in Lohit and
Anjaw districts have increased by two meters posing serious
threats to the habitations in the catchments areas, the
Landslides triggered by flashflood de-linked Hawai, the
headquarters of Anjaw district from the rest of the state on
Monday besides washing away a primary school building and a
few dwelling houses near Hayuliang.
Incessant rain for the last four days aggravated by heavy
hailstorm caused the hazard that has affected the power supply
in Hawai and blocked the Hayuliang-Wallong?Kibithoo road,
deputy commissioner C S Jeinow said.
However, no casualty has been reported.
Heavy incessant downpour accompanied by storms since March
19 last has disturbed normal life in Lohit district. While
surface communication between Tezu and Tinsukia via Parsuram
Kund, and between Alubari Ghat and Tezu to Sunpura have been
The BRTF has restored the roads temporarily, sources said.
Lohit deputy commissioner R K Sharma has directed civil
supplies department to store sufficient buffer stocks of
essential items in anticipation of an emergency situation.
No loss of life or property has been reported so far.
In Namsai subdivision under Lohit district around 3000 people
in Dharampur, Ronaglibheel, Rajabheel and Lekang Miri villages
were marooned after flood waters breached the embankment
constructed by the villagers.
In Sagalee under Papum Pare district, strong winds over two
days since March 21 last have damaged many buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM