Suspected ISI agent arrested in Agartala
Agartala: Close on the heels of the arrest
of four suspected ISI agents last Wednesday, another suspected
ISI agent has been arrested from a hotel here, police said
Acting on a tip-off, police yesterday raided a hotel here
and arrested one Bangladeshi citizen identified as Naman Din
Syed and seized Rs 1,66,000 Bangladeshi taka, Rs 12,000 INR, a
laptop and a passport, DIG, Police Control Nepal Das said.
He said the Bangladeshi did not have a visa and had
entered into Indian territory without valid documents.
Das said primary investigation revealed that Syed was a
software engineer, who studied in Australia and added ISI
agents were using Agartala as a corridor to enter into other
parts of the country.
Four suspected ISI agents were arrested from Agartala
airport on March 16 for not carrying valid documents.
In another incident, the Border Security Force
apprehended three Bangladeshi nationals from Nandipara, a
border village in West Tripura district on the charge of
illegally crossing the border on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users