Suspected ISI agent arrested in Agartala
Agartala: Close on the heels of the arrest
of four suspected ISI agents last Wednesday, another suspected
ISI agent has been arrested from a hotel here, police said
Acting on a tip-off, police yesterday raided a hotel here
and arrested one Bangladeshi citizen identified as Naman Din
Syed and seized Rs 1,66,000 Bangladeshi taka, Rs 12,000 INR, a
laptop and a passport, DIG, Police Control Nepal Das said.
He said the Bangladeshi did not have a visa and had
entered into Indian territory without valid documents.
Das said primary investigation revealed that Syed was a
software engineer, who studied in Australia and added ISI
agents were using Agartala as a corridor to enter into other
parts of the country.
Four suspected ISI agents were arrested from Agartala
airport on March 16 for not carrying valid documents.
In another incident, the Border Security Force
apprehended three Bangladeshi nationals from Nandipara, a
border village in West Tripura district on the charge of
illegally crossing the border on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed