Suspected ISI agent arrested in Agartala
Agartala: Close on the heels of the arrest
of four suspected ISI agents last Wednesday, another suspected
ISI agent has been arrested from a hotel here, police said
Acting on a tip-off, police yesterday raided a hotel here
and arrested one Bangladeshi citizen identified as Naman Din
Syed and seized Rs 1,66,000 Bangladeshi taka, Rs 12,000 INR, a
laptop and a passport, DIG, Police Control Nepal Das said.
He said the Bangladeshi did not have a visa and had
entered into Indian territory without valid documents.
Das said primary investigation revealed that Syed was a
software engineer, who studied in Australia and added ISI
agents were using Agartala as a corridor to enter into other
parts of the country.
Four suspected ISI agents were arrested from Agartala
airport on March 16 for not carrying valid documents.
In another incident, the Border Security Force
apprehended three Bangladeshi nationals from Nandipara, a
border village in West Tripura district on the charge of
illegally crossing the border on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists