Suspected ISI agent arrested in Agartala
Agartala: Close on the heels of the arrest
of four suspected ISI agents last Wednesday, another suspected
ISI agent has been arrested from a hotel here, police said
Acting on a tip-off, police yesterday raided a hotel here
and arrested one Bangladeshi citizen identified as Naman Din
Syed and seized Rs 1,66,000 Bangladeshi taka, Rs 12,000 INR, a
laptop and a passport, DIG, Police Control Nepal Das said.
He said the Bangladeshi did not have a visa and had
entered into Indian territory without valid documents.
Das said primary investigation revealed that Syed was a
software engineer, who studied in Australia and added ISI
agents were using Agartala as a corridor to enter into other
parts of the country.
Four suspected ISI agents were arrested from Agartala
airport on March 16 for not carrying valid documents.
In another incident, the Border Security Force
apprehended three Bangladeshi nationals from Nandipara, a
border village in West Tripura district on the charge of
illegally crossing the border on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march